Fort-De-France, Martinique
Resolved
1.6

Update by user Sep 12, 2016

After almost 6 months, I was finally reimbursed the ~$612 damage deposit. It took me a lot of work, a lot of phone calls, a lot of e-mails, but I finally, finally got my money back. I am happy for that.

Original review posted by user Mar 13, 2016

Made an international reservation for Martinique.When I showed up, no car + no reservation.

Made a new reservation, again, no car + no reservation.

I made an online international reservation for a car at National in Martinique. When I showed up at the airport, I was told there was no car available, and no reservation in the system. And, they couldn't call the headquarters. So, I stepped outside the airport to get a cell signal and called.

Sure enough, there is a reservation in the system (I had a hardcopy of the email confirmation with all the info too). The US office also told me they can not call international to Martinique to speak to the people there, so they made a new reservation for me and assured me they would have a car for me in 2 days. I returned to the airport 2 days later - NO CAR, and again was told NO RESERVATION. Same issue - the local office could't call the US, and the US couldn't call martinique to resolve it.

I spoke with the local manager, and he made some calls and located a car for me 1 hour away. He drove to get the car. I told the manager and the rental company I was returning the car to the airport (1 hour away). At the end of my vacation, I drive to the airport (6am).

The National office at the airport was closed, and the rental car company I got the car from didn't have a location at the airport. I left the car and info with Hertz (the only company that was open). I've been dealing with National Customer support for 6 weeks - and they have essentially been useless.

I keep getting e-mails (I will follow-up with you in 3 days...).I still don't know if the car ever got returned or not, but my problem is the rental car company is refusing to refund my $650/euro deposit.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. a200839 stated that there is a room for improvement of customer service. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of national car rental car rental and associated monetary loss in the amount of $725. National Car Rental needs to issue a full refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned national car rental car rental in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at National Car Rental. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Budget Rent A Car.

Had an Experience with National Car Rental?

Comments

NationalCares

Hello,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.As customer service is of the utmost importance to us, we would like the opportunity to look into this for you.

Please email us at Care[at]Nationalcar[dot]com with the complete details. Include the exact Martinique rental location, your name & contact information, rental agreement or reservation number and any further information regarding your experience with us.

When emailing, please place reference number 160329-002446in the subject line.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,