Additional Fees
Additional Services
Insurance Quality

I just received a bill from National - THREE months after I rented a vehicle for four days in Kalispell Montana. The bill was for $983.90 for a LESS THAN 1/2" chip in the windshield.

I was not notified of this nor was I contacted to discuss this "CLAIM" and how it was to be handled. They included an invoice from Safelite auto glass for $874.90 - when I obtained a quote for cash from Safelite - it was for $310.00. National then added their own "fees" to this as well. Everything about this screams scam and ripoff.

When you rent a vehicle you are told to report everything larger than a quarter.

This chip (not a star) was less than 1/2" in length, and it was not in the driver's line of sight. National took it upon themselves to replace the entire windshield, and send a ridiculous bill.

Do not rent from this company! I rent cars about 6 times a year and this is a first!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: National Car Rental Car Rental.

Reason of review: ridiculous repair claim.

Preferred solution: claim should be voided - zero liability to me.

I didn't like: Fraudulant charges.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from May 11.

Comments

NationalCares

EducatedPeacock,We’ve noted your comments and would like to have the opportunity to look into this for you. Please send us a detailed email to ehiescalationscc@mailca.custhelp.com include the exact rental location, your contact telephone number, your claims, rental agreement or reservation numbers and any further information regarding your experience with us.We look forward to hearing from you.Regards,Carol H.Social Monitoring