National Car Rental - National Car- Charges scratches that were there before the rental

22 of 24 National Car Rental reviews

I travelled to Tuxtla Gutierrez, Chiapas, Mexico. When I first rented the car, they filled a paper with marks where previous bumps and scratches were before I took it off. When I returned from my trip, they wanted me to pay a new scratch that according to them was not in the paper. We show them it was marked in the paper they filled in the beginning. They brought up the manager and first he told us it was not there...when he could not deny the obvious he told us it was there, but now we made it bigger (so..I managed to hit the car again exactly in the previous scratch!).

We were loosing our vacation time, so we had to pay the scratch and leave.

Awful international customer service

I first placed my complaint to Mexico's customer service office. I had not received an answer for a month so I tried international customer service. I sent all the papers that proved the scratch was there previously. They answered again almost a month and a half later (and because I asked them again if they had news) when they told me I would receive answers in 8 days. Their answer was everything looked all right...and guess what? They sent me again the original paper where you can see clearly the scratch was marked before I took the car. They just don't even read what they are sending.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
22 of 24 National Car Rental reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
National Cares

Nov 30, 2012 #576180

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We would like to look into this further. Please email Care[at]National.com with your full name, the exact rental location and any other details. (Tatiana)

When emailing, please list reference # 121130-000995 the subject line.

(Tatiana)

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to National Car Rental. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about National Car Rental.
Filing a new complaint about
×