Car rental fraud at Cancun airport (National Car Rental)

15 of 24 National Car Rental reviews

This happened to us in Cancun at the airport terminal.When they gave us the car, unfortunately we did not do a thoroughly inspection and when we return it they claimed that we had dented the car.

There was no dent on the car whatsoever! they even hid the car from us so we couldn't take any pictures of the "dent" and gave us a blue receipt saying that we accepted the car with out any damages and that we had returned it with a dent. The funny thing is that the receipt had other signature on it! and they kept saying it was me who signed, but the signature was not mine!

I showed them many other credit cards with my signature on it. Then they took that blue receipt away from me since I wanted to take a picture. They never handed back arguing that they had given it to me! the ironic thing in all this is that we saw we our eyes when one of the valet parking guys who was about to give a car to another customer wrecked it with another car in their parking lot!!!

(took pictures of it) and they even threaten to call the local police if we didn't leave their premise. Of course when they said that, I told them that that would be a great idea since they were a bunch of thieves!

in the end, they didn't want to call the police and completely ignored us.Bunch of thieves!!!!!!!!!!!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Monetary loss:
Product or service
Airport Car Rental
Review category
Rentals
review #486781 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with National Car Rental? Submit review ›
Helpful? 2 Yes 2 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
15 of 24 National Car Rental reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
BB

Jan 16, 2015 #932255

I had the misfortune of renting a car at the NATIONAL car rental location in CANCUN,
and yes -
they are complete scammers and thieves.
I agree with this post and many others. They made a point of mentioning and showing me the gas level in the car, much to my surprise when I returned the gas level marked on the document was higher. (I brought it in with exactly the amount I got it with). They proceeded to charge me 12 dollars for a gallon of gas because i was one 16th of a tank short. Unbelievable.

3 0 Reply
ThomasNelson

Jul 17, 2014 #841721 Delhi, Delhi, India

I completely agree with your article. It’s possible to know about it and it will snow me good ways of this topic. This is vI completely agree with your article. It’s possible to know about it and it will snow me good ways of this topic. This is very nice post! I will bookmark this blog.ery nice post! I will bookmark this blog.

Jul 17, 2014 #841846

Thank u!

farina77

May 14, 2014 #815211

Hi Mich,
Thank you for your reply. I got this other email from National on May 12 and I am still waiting for a resolution.
Dear Jessica Osorio,
Thank you for your email inquiry.
We appreciate you giving us an opportunity to address any concerns regarding your previous rental.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We have contacted Mexico and informed them of your inquiry. Please allow five to seven business days for us to receive their response. After your response is received, we will then contact you immediately at your email address. Please let us know if you have any further questions regarding this email. Sincerely, Bryan International Customer Care National Car Rental

NationalCares

May 14, 2014 #815185

farina77,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. As customer service is of the utmost importance to us, we would like the opportunity to look into your service and the vehicle's damage for you. Please email us at Care@Nationalcar.com with the complete details. Include your contact information, rental agreement or reservation number, damage claim number (if you received one) and any further information regarding your experience with us.
When emailing, please place reference number 140514-001667 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.
Sincerely,
Mitch
Social Media Coordinator National

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to National Car Rental. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about National Car Rental.
Filing a new complaint about
×